Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello all, and happy Thanksgiving!! I hope you are all doing much
better than I am…. We tried to put together a big Thanksgiving feast
for all of the South Africans with J-Life but the power company had
other plans. Everything was going fine until about 3pm when we went to
put the turkeys in the oven and the power wouldn't work... since then
we've been trying to cook everything in a gas powered oven with two
gas powered burners. It has not been a success. Oh well, there's
always next year.

Other than this afternoon's disappointment everything has been going
well! I spent the last month with the J-Life team in Vereeniging
working with the youth group, which has been great, and my mom and
grandma are coming next week. They arrive on the 2nd and after a
couple days in Johannesburg we're heading to Cape Town… I can't wait.

That's about it for now. I hope you're all well and having a better
Thanksgiving than I am!!

Andrew

No comments: