Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Greetings!

I hope all of you are well! I wanted to write a quick email to let you all know what I'll be up to for the next couple of weeks. I'm leaving today on a mission trip with the J-Life team at the church I attend, they're taking some of the youth to Joburg for 4 days. We will be running vacation bible schools and doing service projects in the city, it's sure to be a great time. Hopefully we will be able to show Christ to those in the inner-city.
 
I will get back Friday night and am leaving Saturday morning for Harrismith to run in the annual Harrismith Mountain Race. It is a 15Km race up and down the mountain... it is rated as the most difficult race of it's kind and class on the entire continent. (Some say it is the hardest in the world.... I obviously don't know what I'm getting into.)
 
I will be back here after the race for one night and then leave Sunday morning for East London! A group from FBC McKinney is coming for a mission trip and Liz and I are joining them next week.. I'm particularly excited to see the coast, East London is supposed to have beautiful beaches... however they also have the most shark attacks of anywhere in the world... so I think I'll stay out of the water.
 
Anyways, I've got some busy times ahead of me and could use all of your prayers for both the mission trips and travel safety. Also, please pray that I don't die durring that race on Saturday!
 
Thanks,
 
Andrew Even

No comments: